It took me awhile to attempt cooking eggplant. I found them to be slightly intimidating and I wasn't quite sure what to do with them. Thankfully, I got over that! Here is a very easy, quick, and tasty way to roast an eggplant.
1 large eggplant
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease (Pam, olive oil, etc)
- Slice the eggplant half lengthwise, then cut each half into quarters. Cut each quarter in half to make a two shorter pieces
- Place the eggplant skin side down onto baking sheet. Brush each piece with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Roast in oven 25-30 minutes or until softened and golden brown
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice
Ta da! Nothing hard or scary about this eggplant recipe. You can add them to rice or pasta dishes. Or eat them as a side to any meat entree. I even like to dice them up and add the cold leftovers to salads.