1 cup dried quinoa
2 cups Vegetable (beef, chicken, etc) broth
1 sweet potato grated
1 cup Italian flavor bread crumbs (gluten free if you’d like)
- Combine dried quinoa and broth in microwave safe container and microwave for 3 minutes loosely covered.
- Stir and return to microwave for 3 additional minutes or until it starts "spiraling". Drain remaining liquid.
- Combine cooked quinoa with all other ingredients in large bowl.
- Heat skillet to medium high with enough olive oil to liberally coat pan.
- Using 1/2 cup measure scoop quinoa mixture into pan and use spatula to flatten into patties. Cook approximately 3 minutes on each side, longer for more crisp patty.
- Enjoy with Greek yogurt and a sprig of fresh sweet basil or with honey mustard to dip.